Author Topic: Rough Sales Estimate - To Carpe Fulgur  (Read 2168 times)

Kalean

• The New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rough Sales Estimate - To Carpe Fulgur
« on: November 25, 2010, 11:56:15 AM »
Hey guys, I remember you saying you might be able to give everyone a ballpark figure as to the sales you made opening month at the end of said month.   Well, it's certainly been more than a month now, so I was just wondering if it was going to be possible to get that figure or not.   I understand that sales are still ongoing, and with the (obscenely discounted) Indie Story Pack on sale on Steam today, there will be more copies moved, so I was kind of hoping for a rough estimate now, before the numbers are artificially inflated -  If an estimate is possible at all.

I know sometimes there are obligations that prevent companies from disclosing numbers, but I thought I'd ask.
Is it better to be feared, or to be respected?

.... Is it too much to ask for both?

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
Re: Rough Sales Estimate - To Carpe Fulgur
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 12:01:47 PM »
We actually did release those numbers - it was 26,000 when we announced it on the CF front site, and I can say that we recently crested 32,000 copies sold.

That was before today, though. Today... well, I think Muracha is currently saying better than I ever could.

Kalean

• The New Guy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
Haha, I always just kept coming straight to the forum like a silly person.  That's great news!   I guess this means we can look forward to more and more from you guys.   Well.  My happiness level is high.  Whoo!

...And on that note...  (I don't read Japanese) I just bought the pack for two friends.  A nice person would've bought the game at full price anyway, but a poor person runs out of money during Christmas, so... ^_^;; 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:52:31 PM by Kalean »
Is it better to be feared, or to be respected?

.... Is it too much to ask for both?

maverick375

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 05:57:49 PM »
I don't need another copy, but I can honestly say that I've spent five dollars in worse ways. Good to see that the interest hasn't dropped off completely.

Pavlova

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 06:07:08 PM »
I was wondering about that, actually, if it's not too private and corpatey to ask, do you make considerably less when Steam does a special for this? I mean, considering this package is like, 5$, for 5 games, it's like Recettear is sold for 1$. So, compared to the usual 20$, do you make considerably less money? Is the amount of sales still making it profitable for you to sell it at that price? Is it some kind of deal with Steam where you end up making MORE than that actual 1$ per game?

I'm very curious.

dkellis

• Headsword.
    • View Profile
    • Moe Check
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 09:59:20 PM »
I'd imagine this sale is also an experiment on whether sales would indeed be more profitable, taking into account volume of sales.

As for Muracha's blog, he's pretty much going "holy carp would you look at that sale, five dollars for five games, this is awesome, Steam is insane, look at the sales graph" and suchlike. (Except more grown-up.)

Tegga21

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 03:19:16 AM »
Another huge plus is word of mouth after the 5 for 5 $ brings more sales which bring more sales.  I wish there were more advertisements on roguelike pages such as ADOM and Nethack for this game.  I would have found it much sooner.  I only found out about it from a comprehensive list of roguelike games and saw it was made in 2010.  Having / paying someone to post on those types of forums targeting roguelike/anime would bring alot of sales.

Pavlova

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 08:16:38 AM »
well, i'm guessing kotaku was awesome publicity in and of itself as well.. i was just wondering what kind of arrangements it is between steam and a game publisher when there is such a sale

Ariolander

• MSN Messenger - ariolander@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AnimeAriolander
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ariolander
    • View Profile
    • MaserBeam
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 09:25:35 AM »
Probably clogged in a NDA but I hope everyone gets their fair share. I bought the game a second time just so I could have it on my Steam account.

Really only wanted Recettear from the bundle but Puzzle Agent looked kinda cool. I hear later on Steam will release a Recettear gift pack so am probably gonna pick up one of those and gift it to friends.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 09:27:52 AM by Ariolander »
"Her delusions are of the magnitude that start religions. BAD ones."
"Really, I could write books about the reality you live in."