Author Topic: Ougon Musou Kyoku - PC  (Read 3972 times)

RaveSage

• View Profile
Ougon Musou Kyoku - PC
« on: November 22, 2010, 09:27:48 PM »
Hello forums and CF staff that may come across this.

I know you guys are probably set on your new project by now but I found another PC doujin game you could see about localizing. As the title suggests, it's Ougon Musou Kyoku, a fighting game based on the anime/graphic novel Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. It is being released in Japan in January and the game has already had great success by selling out all of its online pre-orders through a major retailer. I tried looking around for some info on who you could contact, but I'm not very good at that.  :-\ In any case, I hope you consider this game for a future localization. Thanks for your time.

Link to the Homepage of the game.
Discussion and Details on Dustloop

Edit: The group making this game is 07th Expansion. Just found out.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 09:56:05 PM by RaveSage »

joshrl

• View Profile
Re: Ougon Musou Kyoku - PC
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 10:09:23 PM »
A snazzy lookin' game if you ask me. :)

Though I don't have authority over these things! That's SpaceDrake's and BlondRobin's job!

Maybe we'll get lucky, and SpaceDrake won't be dead at the moment...
TG: and a ruined cake! it was going 2 be so delish, but no
TG: it was claimed by the cruel and unforgiving sands of lopan

TheOverlord

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 05:23:36 AM »
Indeed, this game looks pretty fun! And somehow, the character designs for Umineko really fit into a fighting game ;D

Also, fighting games should not be too much of a hassle to localize, so who knows? :)

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 03:08:47 PM »
Unfortunately, it's got the characters from another franchise in it. So you really need to have read the VNs to "get" the game, and there may be licensing issues and bluh. I know that 07th Expansion franchises are popular with some people, but this one probably has a few too many issues for us to seriously consider (unless you want us to go all Street Combat on the game... no, didn't think so :P).

RaveSage

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 10:36:24 PM »
Aww. D:

Well, I'm glad you guys checked it out. I've been interested in this game and I haven't read the VNs or anything yet and I'm sure others would be too. Thanks for the response.

"unless you want us to go all Street Combat on the game..."
You know what... I'd be willing to accept that. I'm pretty desperate for more PC fighting games.  ::)

TheOverlord

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 09:01:05 AM »
Unfortunately, it's got the characters from another franchise in it. So you really need to have read the VNs to "get" the game, and there may be licensing issues and bluh. I know that 07th Expansion franchises are popular with some people, but this one probably has a few too many issues for us to seriously consider (unless you want us to go all Street Combat on the game... no, didn't think so :P).

Well, that's easy to fix, just license the entire franchise and release the VNs too!  ;D

Not that I really think that'll happen, though :'( Gotta play that one in japanese, it seems.

Alkara

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 06:33:51 PM »
That game reminds me of BlazBlue for some reason.

RaveSage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 06:34:08 PM »
That game reminds me of BlazBlue for some reason.

It might be easy to throw them in the same lot but I assure you this game is nothing like BB. For one, there's one one character with an air dash! ;)
More details can be found in the Dustloop discussion link. It's worded there much better than I could try explaining it.

Reapergi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 07:34:20 PM »
No characters from other franchises in it, just the one, whose copyright is held by the same group. The music might be all over the place though.

Also 07th expansion allow all derivative work, this includes fan translation patches. They went far enough to block the English licensor for Higurashi from C&Ding the fan translation for it. It's going to get fan patched if that's technicaly possible, and probably fairly quickly.

The VNs are available in English fairly readily, especialy if you live in USA, UK, Australia, Spain, Italy, France, or Norway. If not they're distroed through normal shops not just doujin ones, so they're easy to buy anyway.

This is up for preorder at amiami already.

Ravenholme

• MSN Messenger - ravenholm@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 10:27:53 PM »
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni is 07th's finest work, and it actually made a very, very good anime (As in, one of my favourites)
"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

TheOverlord

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 09:43:38 AM »
So, Ougon came out, I've played it, and loved it. And the heavens know how much I'd like to buy it in English.

It's a surprisingly good fighting game for a company known otherwise for their VNs.

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 04:06:06 PM »
Well, the hilarious thing is, I've now heard on The Grapevineā„¢ that someone else has already picked this up for release. So we'll see what happens!