Author Topic: Forums: There are RULES.  (Read 15801 times)

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
Forums: There are RULES.
« on: June 29, 2010, 04:09:24 PM »
Yes, even though this is not remotely 'Nam, there are still rules if you wish to post on these here forums. Without further ado:

1) Be Excellent to one another. This one is pretty straightforward. Don't insult others, don't attack their opinions unless you can debate civilly... basically, treat your fellow posters like human beings. I hope this doesn't need to be explained further.

2) No copyrighted material or "warez" on the forums. Don't post links to pirated material on the forums, or talk about where you can get pirated material. And, uh, don't admit to using pirated Carpe Fulgur material before the game's supposed to be out. :P

3) No obscene material, please. Just in case it even need be said.

4) Please stay on-topic. To avoid having the forums devolve into bedlam, please post topics to their appropriate forums.

5) Avatars are 100x100 with a 50 kilobyte "weight"; signatures should not exceed 500x100 with a 200 kb "weight". We're well past the age of dial-up modems, but we still want to keep the forums relatively sane and fast-loading. Please don't allow your signatures to get larger than the given limit.

6) No spamming. This really shouldn't need to be said, even, but we've already had one such post, so I figured just in case it might somehow stop them, it might as well be added to the rules. Of course, it was also advertising for illegal material, so I have my doubts...

7) Refrain from referring to girls as "loli"s, thanks. While we're aware that not everyone intends to equate "loli" with pedophilia, the sad fact is that a (very large) number of people essentially use it as a smokescreen for their own pedophilia. So the TLDR is, we don't want to hear it, keep lolichat and even the word off these forums, if you would. (Added/clarified Nov. 10, 2011)

More rules may be added as needed, which they hopefully won't. Until then, enjoy the forums!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 01:51:09 PM by SpaceDrake »

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
Re: Forums: There are RULES.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 02:02:04 PM »
There has been an update to the rules; please pay attention to the new rule #7, thank you.