Author Topic: Patch notes: Recettear v1.106  (Read 67248 times)

GrevenIlVec

• View Profile
Re: Patch notes: Recettear v1.106
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2010, 08:08:17 PM »
Caillou is slow, but that's not a problem in dungeons since he can warp. His sparkbust spell makes mincemeat out of almost all bosses; he can kill the slime bosses before they even move! Once you get used to his slow attack rate, you learn quickly to take on lone enemies of certain types with physical attacks to build his SP, too, and once you remember that you can dodge damage by using a skill his speed isn't such a problem in boss fights.
This guy is an exclusive boss rush char, imo. In 1.105 I could easily run lapis boss rush without using any food/rings or even melee. He has -that- much MP and he doesn't take hits for jack with pandemonium+15. Not sure about 1.106 but prob isn't that much harder.

I wouldn't use him for dungeon crawling because he's just so ungodly slow. Teleport is not free and doesn't even get you to where you want to be half of the time. That and he's not exactly... safe if left out in the field for too long.

I had a play with Griff; he seemed to make the game too easy, though his speed might make him useful for ingredient grinding.
Griff is broken. With his berserk skill and a nephilim claw (I haven't found a remetogen yet, sad). I can boss rush Obsidian with him at level 3x with relative ease. If he takes any damage he can just make it back with life drain, and he 3-4 shots each boss with berserk except a few, which is just... ungodly.

I've gotten Nagi's card a few times, but never actually used her; she sounds awkward to use so it might be fun to have a go with her once I've gotten bored of Tielle, Caillou and Charme -- but it sounds like maybe she just doesn't suit you. I find it's best not to get hit by bosses  which is why I seem to favour the three weakest character in terms of HP (I think Griff hits my Tielle for 50 right now, so even after drugging her up to the ears she doesn't hold up too long if I let her get hit), so if you're having trouble with being hit a lot, maybe your play style doesn't fit your character choice. Try playing with Louie; he's almost invincible!

Nagi was my first 99, actually. She's well rounded in terms of... pretty much everything. She's got a rush, a ranged attack, an aoe, and a single-target attack. Plus she can dash-attack and put up a good enough offense/defense. What more can you ask. I've put her in the vault though, since Arma has yet to hit 99 (she's getting there) and the other guys are still in the low 2-4x.

Doniazade

• Yes, quite. *puff puff*
    • View Profile
    • My Recettear FAQ
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2010, 09:29:05 PM »
Tielle is fast enough to not be boring to walk through dungeons with, and using a bit of skill, she can indeed just run through dungeons without clearing them -- though you need to be careful to take out fast ropers (use level 5 charge attack to hit them while running away). She has a skill which is well suited to clearing entire rooms and a rage attack for dealing with bosses. I think I only had to heal once on the second Griff fight with her.
Cuterage! It helps a ton against fast enemies, and as you have plenty of SP starting level 50 or so you don't really have to worry about either. Does wonders against your Will o' Wisps too. Starshot Arrow works wonders against certain bosses too, especially those which spawn tons of minions.
Cuterage is basically the best skill in the entire game. Paralyze, insane damage, invincibility frames? Oh Cuterage, is there anything you can't do?

Well I guess it can't be as much of an overpowered one-trick pony as Sparkburst but then again it's a hundred times more versatile.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 02:00:34 AM by Doniazade »
My FAQ and spreadsheet have been abandoned. Please refer to Blackguard's Recettear page instead.

herki

• I'm going home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2010, 11:23:42 PM »
Tielle is fast enough to not be boring to walk through dungeons with, and using a bit of skill, she can indeed just run through dungeons without clearing them -- though you need to be careful to take out fast ropers (use level 5 charge attack to hit them while running away). She has a skill which is well suited to clearing entire rooms and a rage attack for dealing with bosses. I think I only had to heal once on the second Griff fight with her.
Cuterage! It helps a ton against fast enemies, and as you have plenty of SP starting level 50 or so you don't really have to worry about either. Does wonders against your Will o' Wisps too. Starshot Arrow works wonders against certain bosses too, especially those which spawn tons of minions.
Cuterage is basically the best skill in the entire game. Paralyze, insane damage, invibility frames? Oh Cuterage, is there anything you can't do?

Well I guess it can't be as much of an overpowered one-trick pony as Sparkburst but then again it's a hundred times more versatile.
The roper gauntlet was a joke thanks to Cuterage!  :D
That's so much! You're being selfish! And mean!

Cassie Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2010, 07:09:37 AM »
What about Endless game Charme plays? Is she really doomed after 1.106 patch? Because even with more than 200 physical defense and magical defense she's a sitting duck against waves of high-damaging enemies

Chibi Musashi

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2011, 09:28:19 PM »
Since this tread is a Sticky, I don't think this could be considered necroing, but whatever.
Last time someone asked about the adventurers equipment problem, I answered quite harshly, so it's kind of hypocritical for me to be asking this again, but oh well, it's been a lot of months since then.
Anyways, I'm using these patch notes to ask, first: Do you guys still remember about releasing 1.108 patch notes? Not that it's a must, but I remember you guys saying that there would be a post regarding the last patch notes. Still, that's not even important, but it still bugs me after so much time.
Secondly, are there any chances at another patch released for Recettear? One that allows equipment held by adventurers to be changed accordingly when you sell them? Because is really harsh not being able to put some equipments in display, in fear that baka Louie will come and change his best armor for some filthy piece of robes because they give him more attack or something, making you lose the result of a lvl 5 fusion recipe, for which you spent hours maybe collecting ingredients.
Well, I apology for the inconveniences, and thank you in advance for spending your time in reading the silly complaints of a mere commoner.
PD: so many buts, I need to practice my english...

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2011, 09:18:33 AM »
Secondly, are there any chances at another patch released for Recettear? One that allows equipment held by adventurers to be changed accordingly when you sell them? Because is really harsh not being able to put some equipments in display, in fear that baka Louie will come and change his best armor for some filthy piece of robes because they give him more attack or something, making you lose the result of a lvl 5 fusion recipe, for which you spent hours maybe collecting ingredients.

Not quite sure what you mean by this; if you mean give each adventurer an "inventory" of items that've been sold to them, well, that'd require a substantial amount of reworking and probably isn't too feasible. You never have to sell someone something, remember; you can always just give them a bad offer to "nudge" an adventurer toward particular items.

As far as "more patches" go, there's a few things we at CF would like to see done to Recettear still, but we have to keep in mind that EGS is fundamentally four guys, with only one of them a really qualified programmer. They only have time for so much, and they're (still) very busy with their current project. We aren't really keen on trying to "force" them to work on an older game of theirs when they're actively engaged with another project they want to work on. Once Territoire is done, we'll talk to them about the possibility of another Recettear patch for at least achievements and whatnot.

Chibi Musashi

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2011, 11:05:16 AM »
Not quite sure what you mean by this; if you mean give each adventurer an "inventory" of items that've been sold to them, well, that'd require a substantial amount of reworking and probably isn't too feasible. You never have to sell someone something, remember; you can always just give them a bad offer to "nudge" an adventurer toward particular items.

No, what I meant is the fact that when you sell an adventurer some equipment, they sometimes don't change the items they're holding, if the sold item is of another category than what they have equipped, say, you sell them a karmic necklace, and they don't equip it because they don't have a necklace equipped, and their inventory is full, or, they maybe change an omnicharm for it, instead of summer sandals, just because they're both accessories. That example is a bit extreme, changing two lvl 5 fusions instead of the initial equipment, but is what's happening, they don't change shoes except for other shoes when you sell them, and it makes impossible to sell them the optimum equipment. Also, the adventurers may equip a lower tier equipment, for no apparent reason, like caillou equipping a perfume staff when having a club, that was giving him more attack and magic.
I know that the people at EGS are busy with development of their new game, and helping you with localisation of chantelise, but since this matter seemed forgotten, I wanted to ask about it.
For spending your time reading my lousy english, I thank you again, and the best of thanks for answering so fast to my previous post.

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2011, 03:53:01 PM »
Equipment issues are something we've been chasing for a while, and if EGS ever makes a Recettear sequel especially, I kind of plan on suggesting a new model for gearing up the adventurers (that is, you give them stuff or they keep a kind of inventory of their own, rather than gear disappearing to the ether). I'd like to have EGS have one more go at it, but again, it comes down to them finding the time to do so.

Chibi Musashi

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2011, 04:15:31 PM »
OK, thanks for answering.

PharaohsVizier

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2011, 09:10:39 PM »
Any chance you could update on what the 1.108 Update included?  Seems sorta big :P

Glenn Magus Harvey

• L'affinité grouchine
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2013, 03:56:51 AM »
I kind of plan on suggesting a new model for gearing up the adventurers (that is, you give them stuff or they keep a kind of inventory of their own, rather than gear disappearing to the ether).

I would love this.