Author Topic: Patch notes: Recettear v1.106  (Read 403425 times)

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
Patch notes: Recettear v1.106
« on: September 13, 2010, 09:02:07 AM »
Greetings, sapients. The polish patch is ready! It's already been deployed to Steam and should be applied the next time you log in (if it hasn't been already). Everyone else can get the patch from our handy new patch/demo page!

Here's the patch notes for 1.106:

- Corrected a number of typographical errors throughout the game script. Melons, however, continue to insist that they reside in deserts.

- Corrected improperly set monster statistics in certain dungeons - this should have the effect of making the early dungeons a bit easier and the later dungeons (Obsidian Tower and beyond) more challenging, even for well-leveled, well-geared adventurers.

- Corrected an error wherein the description of your current merchant level did not display.

- Corrected an error wherein certain musical cues in events did not obey volume control.

- Error wherein adventurers do not equip certain items sold to them should be corrected.

Note that this does not fix the crash issues a few people have been reporting (or probably won't, at any rate) - we're still gathering data on that and frustratingly we still can't replicate the issue on our end at all. We'll announce if and when we make headway on this.

We hope everyone continues to enjoy Recettear!

Dagoth

• View Profile
Re: Patch notes: Recettear v1.106
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 09:04:56 AM »
Ah, I just came here to ask if the updated version 1.106 on Gamersgate is the polish patch version you were talking about. Apparently so. Being able to download a separate patch from you rather than having to redownload the game from GamersGate for the new version is a bonus.  ;D

Dogi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 10:33:35 AM »
Little girls still say "Miss Recette please sell items at me!" I'm assuming that should be to me.

dkellis

• Headsword.
    • View Profile
    • Moe Check
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 10:35:56 AM »
Little girls still say "Miss Recette please sell items at me!" I'm assuming that should be to me.

That's reportedly intentional. I believe it's an Earthbound reference? I can't remember.

marcmagus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 10:42:50 AM »
Good patch. Thanks, SpaceDrake.

The monster balance is definitely more intuitive now.

LastDay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 10:43:37 AM »
Patches for a singleplayer indie game, I'm positively surprised!
Funny thing is I thought the current Merchant level was intentionally hidden to make you figure it out.

Anyway, I think Prime sometimes says something like "I'm selling this for the mistress" when she's actually buying something.

Falk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 12:53:00 PM »
Greetings, sapients. The polish patch is ready! everyone continues to enjoy Recettear!

Uh I only have the english version of this game where do I get the patch for that?

kahdeksan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 02:57:51 PM »
polish, not Polish.

Baughn

• Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 04:06:42 PM »
I would have been very disappointed if that had been removed. It's cute!

Ariolander

• MSN Messenger - ariolander@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AnimeAriolander
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ariolander
    • View Profile
    • MaserBeam
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 05:00:18 PM »
- Corrected a number of typographical errors throughout the game script. Melons, however, continue to insist that they reside in deserts.

Could it be a cultural thing? Melons could very well be a desert in some cultures.

*shrugs* Not sure if this applies to Japan but oh well.

Thats one way to write it off at least ^_^
"Her delusions are of the magnitude that start religions. BAD ones."
"Really, I could write books about the reality you live in."

Rognik

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 05:27:51 PM »
I think this being a fantasy world, you can claim melons grow wherever you want them to. Just so long as you don't confuse desert and dessert.  ;)

Falk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 06:28:10 PM »
Awful polish humor aside, this patch made dungeon crawling a -lot- more engaging.

Dogi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 09:13:08 PM »
I would have been very disappointed if that had been removed. It's cute!

First time I noticed it was when I was still not liking them and hoped I could throw the book she wanted at her. Now they aren't so bad since their allowance is a few hundred thousand

Momomelo

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 09:46:21 PM »
Quick question about the 1.106 patch.
Is the King Blue Slime boss on floor five of Jade Way supposed to be that strong? I can only hit 1 damage regular and 2 damage crits, thus needing to hit the boss 136 times to kill. 'Cause I killed the Blue slime king before the patch and I was hitting 20's on him pre-patch.
I'm day 2, and my Loui is level 5.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:50:52 PM by Momomelo »

Shiirn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 09:56:54 PM »
Quick question about the 1.106 patch.
Is the King Blue Slime boss on floor five of Jade Way supposed to be that strong? I can only hit 1 damage regular and 2 damage crits, thus needing to hit the boss 136 times to kill. 'Cause I killed the Blue slime king before the patch and I was hitting 20's on him pre-patch.
I'm day 2, and my Loui is level 5.

Wait until he jumps.

After he does his first jump, his defense decreases ALOT. Waiting for successive jumps - kill the small slimes before he re-absorbs them to regain mass - will turn him into a one-hit wonder.