Author Topic: Game freezes if I talk to mom when.. (Spoilers)  (Read 2567 times)

Baughn

• Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Game freezes if I talk to mom when.. (Spoilers)
« on: February 20, 2012, 04:05:05 PM »
After getting my stone unsealed, on the way back to school, I decided to stop by the item shop to see what the damage was - Arche did, after all, apparently disobey orders completely.

Apart from a total lack of reaction from dad, I also found that the game mostly freezes (UI goes away, all input stops working, but animations still play) if I try to talk to mom while unisoned. I wanted to show her why I'm not at school, see..

Fortunately I didn't lose more than five minutes' running.

If you get it fixed, I'd like to know if there's supposed to be any dialogue attached to this event, so I can go back and see it.

Ultimate Chicken

• View Profile
Re: Game freezes if I talk to mom when.. (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:53:16 AM »
Hi Baughn, I just tried it with mom, then every possible in town. This doesn't stutter the game for me.

What I did: Cast Unision right in front of her, then attempt to talk to her after the spell is complete...

No long pauses here. The Unision particle system disappears until the convo is over, but that's about it. I get the convo and no game freezes at all. Same for when attempting to talk to a shopkeeper while Unisoned.

By the way, this is the Postgame, although when you do get here the game and townsfolk pretend as if the saving of the school hasn't happened yet, so it *should* be the same state as yours.

mizu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 07:38:07 AM »
That's odd. I didn't have any problems talking to any of the townspeople after getting the stone unsealed.

Like Baughn, I wanted to see how much trouble Arche was in, however, my game did not freeze when I talked to anyone normally.

I tried it before going to the school and after seeing that the school needs to be saved without Unison and it worked perfectly fine.

Baughn

• Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 11:55:40 AM »
I'll upload the savegame that does this, once I get back to my computer.

Meanwhile.. to be specific, every time this happened I first talked to her without unison, then unison'd, then tried to do it again. Freeze.

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 09:56:35 PM »
The lack of reaction from Dad is fairly normal (I'm afraid).

Anyway, interesting, we'll see if we can recreate this. I know the game doesn't crash when speaking to her normally.