Author Topic: Delays and their causes  (Read 311484 times)

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
Delays and their causes
« on: January 24, 2012, 12:02:05 PM »
Clearly delays are because I enjoy harvesting your bitter, bitter tears.

There may be some other reasons too, though.

Wandalynn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Delays and their causes
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 12:06:33 PM »
Awww! I was really looking forward to playing it this evening! It can't be helped.

tech7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 12:07:04 PM »
Todays blog:
I’d actually hoped to have Fortune Summoners out before I moved, but that didn’t quite shake out.

Hm, this sounds familiar ?

Blog from July 2011:
and February was consumed by dealing with the thousand minutiae of moving in to my new place and getting settled and ready to be productive.

;D

You like to move, eh ? ;)

Ravenholme

• MSN Messenger - ravenholm@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 12:10:42 PM »
Unless I'm completely blind, you didn't actually give a date for when the release was being delayed to.

Sad feeling that this is going to coincide with the start of my final semester at Uni and thus the death of my spare time :(

Edit:

NVM, just saw the news post. I had just read the blog post instead.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 12:12:54 PM by Ravenholme »
"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Chompie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 01:21:21 PM »
Just here to say, any grumpiness I might have over the sudden delay is easily dispelled, knowing that you refused to fall into that whole "Eh, we'll just patch it later" crap that seems so popular these days.

Thanks for taking the time to make things perfect.  ;)

Justaidan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »
At Tech7.
Yeah you think he would have had some practice at it at this stage. ;)

Still no harm done. Or at least a huge amount less than had you guys sent out a less than stellar build.

Eamil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 02:26:10 PM »
I may not be thrilled about having to wait, but it's definitely better to delay and put out a better product. As a fan of Blizzard and Valve games I'm more than used to that idea so I say go for it. ;D

Naryoril

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 02:53:46 PM »
i can understand that you wanted to make it perfect, but on the other hand it never will be perfect (i'm a programmer myself and i know EVERY program has some bugs) and you have now missed the january hole. Personally i'm more or less "booked out" with games from 2nd february until may and was hoping to play Fortune Summoners in January. I had all intent to buy it on release day (even for 25$ or 35$) but now i'm not so sure about that, simply because i'll hardly have the time to play it and that somehow makes me sad since i played through Recettear and Chantelise in one go starting from release day...
The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go. - Sanae Hanekoma

Xmalek

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 03:17:53 PM »
i have only one thing to say :

advice_arche6

(Ps : 15$ ultimate instant buy)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:20:40 PM by Xmalek »
Proud member of the bad luck bearer

SilentCaay

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »
No rush. I'm anticipating the release a lot but I've also got plenty of games from the holidays to tide me over. I only had to play the demo for maybe an hour for this to be a must-have. I'll be waiting on Steam once it's ready ^_^

neonie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 05:39:52 PM »
i have only one thing to say :

advice_arche6

(Ps : 15$ ultimate instant buy)

That link isn't hosting your picture. Also you should probably host things your self.

CBanana

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 01:56:02 AM »
More than just my enjoyment of the game , I want Fortune Summoners to succeed to further cement that there's a market for translated doujin/J-indie games so that other games that I'll also enjoy in the future come to us.  I really hope these delays don't hurt the success of the product.

neonie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 02:48:44 AM »
More than just my enjoyment of the game , I want Fortune Summoners to succeed to further cement that there's a market for translated doujin/J-indie games so that other games that I'll also enjoy in the future come to us.  I really hope these delays don't hurt the success of the product.

I think the only thing these delays are affecting are people who care deeply for what Cape Fulgur's doing and are eagerly awaiting this game. It won't really affect anyone who sees FS and decided to pick it up on a whim, and in THAT respect, it's actually far better TO have the delays, since the less problems there are with the translation and code, the more people will go "huh...these guys did a pretty good thing here."

Tsugumi Henduluin

• た~る!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 03:24:17 AM »
I think the only thing these delays are affecting are people who care deeply for what Cape Fulgur's doing and are eagerly awaiting this game.

Dunno man. For me, it's exactly because I love the CF guys and what they do that I prefer these delays over a buggy release, because I want to see them succeed. I want to see them grow and succeed and potentially open up a whole new market for smaller Japanese developers.
If anything, these delays show that CF actually cares about their customers. Add the fact they were willing to renegotiate the prices and actually managed to lower them as much as they did, as well as their insistence on having absolutely no DRM whatsoever...

All I can say is that I wish more companies would think like this. But alas.

TheSwordUser

• The most annoying person in the world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 04:31:06 AM »
When CF is delaying release: "I believe they're doing the right thing. Releasing perfect game is #1 priority if they want to succeed".

When any other company is delaying release: "ASDHXASDHSDBVCASKDGAWSD ?FFFFFFFFFUUUUU WHAT RELEASE FUKINTHINGALREADY I WANNA PLAY DAFHASDASD"