Author Topic: Error/Glitch thread *Spoilers*  (Read 8559 times)

Cassie Raven

• View Profile
Re: Error/Glitch thread *Spoilers*
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 07:04:19 AM »
Yeah, the music track titles needed to be translated from the start. I thought it was mandatory and a no-brainer

MizuhoChan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 07:28:12 AM »
I prefer them untranslated.  Those are the names of the songs.

Another glitch, kind of a big one this time.  I was fishing for stuff all around (lol, penguins) and I went to the Emperor-Bug's Tomb.  If you don't get a perfect on the first try, it freezes, so you can't press any buttons anymore.  I'm just glad I saved right before I went to try and fish in there, or I'd have lost my fish.

Also, not sure if you can do anything about it, since it happens with a lot of other games, but Kaspersky Internet Security (antivirus) says that Chantelise has behavior similar to a keylogger.  I know it's not, since it happens with things like Oblivion and such, but just thought I'd throw it out there in case there is anything you could do.

catlover7

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 09:41:16 AM »
I got the game from gamersgate yesterday but for some reason I am unable to unlock the first dungeon.  :'(
I talked to everyone in town but the event isn't triggering. I don't know why it's not unlocking as I tried the demo version and it worked fine. I hope you can help me.

MizuhoChan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 10:01:56 AM »
As I recall, you talk to everybody in town, then go back to see Aira.

kwakstar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 10:43:53 AM »
Remember to talk to everyone multiple times, too. I thought I was stuck until I did that.

catlover7

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2011, 11:34:11 AM »
Lol I was sure I talked to everyone...
It works now.
Thanks guys  :D

tech7

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2011, 12:27:26 PM »
I'm not sure but iirc someone on the Steam forum wrote that if you talk to the important person (the woman at the fountain) and leave town, the games doesn't store that and you have to talk to her agian. Maybe that happened in your case. Anyway, as long as it works ;)

Veracity

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2011, 05:26:02 PM »
Now I've finally worked out what to do to that accursed enemy crab: "colliseum" should be "coliseum" (or "colosseum").  Checked Webster and Oxford in case it's one of those irksome US/British English variants, but doesn't seem to be.  It isn't in dialog text, so it might not be a trivial fix - probably not worth any kind of headache.  Call it a proper name and you can spell it however you please, right?

I prefer them untranslated.  Those are the names of the songs.
Yes, and all the dialog's in Japanese.  You're not making a lot of sense, and it's inconsistent with CF's localization style just about everywhere else.  What's "common practice" in fan translations is the last thing I'd call a recommendation.  But nor would I say it's an important omission, by any stretch.

Nope

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2011, 10:30:44 PM »
I've just encountered a fishing glitch. Locked up my game. Wasn't really paying attention and when I messed up my timing I got a 20 on the first chance. Then the second chance locked up. The bar didn't move, and Chante was stuck struggling with the fish. I could still cast magic stuck like that, but couldn't do anything else aside for restart. Lucky for me, I hadn't been playing that long. It may be that I somehow triggered the game to think I had a hit and a miss at the same time. Maybe I managed to get the bar right where the red and yellow zones overlap?

Balorn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 03:28:18 AM »
I've just encountered a fishing glitch. Locked up my game. Wasn't really paying attention and when I messed up my timing I got a 20 on the first chance. Then the second chance locked up. The bar didn't move, and Chante was stuck struggling with the fish. I could still cast magic stuck like that, but couldn't do anything else aside for restart. Lucky for me, I hadn't been playing that long. It may be that I somehow triggered the game to think I had a hit and a miss at the same time. Maybe I managed to get the bar right where the red and yellow zones overlap?
I've had this happen as well. Seems to happen if the cast ends up partly in a wall/object; I've had this happen a few times in the Emperor-Bug's Tomb in the Zephyran Ruins.

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 03:32:07 AM »
The issue with fishing in the Tomb is known and will be passed along to EGS.

Daverost

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 09:20:32 AM »
Is the Earth Crystal supposed to negate magic item drops? The Water and Fire Crystals don't, but I noticed that Earth has a different attack animation altogether, so I wasn't sure if it had any special properties. I was going to try it out on the wind boss and it made the fight impossible since there's no way to get any magic to bring it to the ground.

On a related note, I saw a video on YouTube from the Japanese version where someone used the three-earth meteor spell to hit the boss while it was in the air. If I try that, the meteor comes in low underneath the boss, completely missing it. Was that an intentional change when the game was revamped or am I seeing two different spells? (Theirs was actually earth, earth, earth, fire, but even with that combo it comes in low for me.)

Also, my config spontaneously decided to reset overnight. I quit the game last night the same way I always do (Pause -> Return to Title -> Quit Game), but when I started it up this morning, the config had reset to the default keyboard controls. I have the Steam version, but I can't imagine that would make a difference.

Techercizer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 10:10:58 AM »
Is the Earth Crystal supposed to negate magic item drops? The Water and Fire Crystals don't, but I noticed that Earth has a different attack animation altogether, so I wasn't sure if it had any special properties. I was going to try it out on the wind boss and it made the fight impossible since there's no way to get any magic to bring it to the ground.

I can confirm that I, at least, have gotten crystals to drop from monsters while using the Earth Crystal.

Daverost

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 10:52:15 AM »
It might have something to do with that particular fight, but I can't get any from either the slimes or the ghost (and it's a royal pain to kill that ghost with the Earth Crystal). (EDIT: It's not just that area. I couldn't get anything from the fish in the Tomb either.)

Anyway, just finished the game, so a couple of minor things:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7186/victorydataevent.jpg

As you can see, the event player doesn't take too kindly to that little message about saving your clear data. Not a big deal since it only happens the one time you beat the game. Additionally, the name of that scene in the screenshot:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4370/nelieveit.jpg

Not sure if that's intentional or not, but if it is I'm not really getting it. *Shrug*
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:19:35 PM by Daverost »

RenaTheArchmage

• Lunatic Elementalist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 12:15:36 PM »
I don't know if this is a common occurrence but, during the middle of dialogue, I clicked "Return to Title Screen".

The screen whited out, save for the dialogue, and it kept going.

So, yes.