Author Topic: Project Three: Fortune Summoners  (Read 32166 times)

Ravenholme

• MSN Messenger - ravenholm@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Project Three: Fortune Summoners
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2011, 01:46:57 PM »
I'm a little disappointed that we wont get the artbook. I hope that they sell enough copies to to be able to bring it as DLC (Well if Fortune Summoners is successful enough they could probably also bring the prof. VA)
Personally, I'm more interested in extra dungeon and that arena mode.

Quoted for Truth, I don't mind the lack of PVAs, but the extra dungeon and arena mode would be nice to have
"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »
TLDR; please be 25$ or less.

Definitely will be this. We're still not sure EXACTLY how expensive it will be but there's no way in hell it'll be $30.

chinonozu

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2011, 10:24:13 PM »
The only ones who will be disappointed are Nanoha fanboys.

Of whom I am one.

What is it with people making condescending generalizations that include, in their broad sweep, other people also on the forums?

What's more, I haven't even seen Nanoha and I'm still a bit disappointed-- but only a little, and only because I'm just curious to hear both versions...

So that, combined with what Ravenholme just said in the above post, shows that for "Nanoha fanboys" to be the "only ones" is a bit off in the first place...

Oh yeah, I'm curious to hear both and not hugely bothered by the lack of professional VAs, it's just that I recognise one of the PVAs and I've always liked her voice

Please understand it's not a big deal. Adding professional VA will only bump up the costs since seiyuus in japan charge a kcufton of money just because they're popular enough to get away with it. It adds nothing beneficial to the game. Your curiosity is just an illusion.

Ravenholme

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2011, 10:33:39 PM »
The only ones who will be disappointed are Nanoha fanboys.

Of whom I am one.

What is it with people making condescending generalizations that include, in their broad sweep, other people also on the forums?

What's more, I haven't even seen Nanoha and I'm still a bit disappointed-- but only a little, and only because I'm just curious to hear both versions...

So that, combined with what Ravenholme just said in the above post, shows that for "Nanoha fanboys" to be the "only ones" is a bit off in the first place...

Oh yeah, I'm curious to hear both and not hugely bothered by the lack of professional VAs, it's just that I recognise one of the PVAs and I've always liked her voice

Please understand it's not a big deal. Adding professional VA will only bump up the costs since seiyuus in japan charge a kcufton of money just because they're popular enough to get away with it. It adds nothing beneficial to the game. Your curiosity is just an illusion.

That's what we've been saying. I'm curious about a lot of things, it doesn't make them a big deal.
"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

BlondRobin

• Capitalism Ho!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2011, 11:54:25 PM »
Your curiosity is just an illusion.

Curiosity is rarely an illusion, since it's a direct feeling. If you're feeling curious, it's not an illusion, you're actually. If you're not, there is not even an illusion.

an IDEAL could be an illusion, but that would require any quality statement about the voice acting to be made that could be construed as an ideal

Look, this discussion is going in circles and getting some people riled up, so let me say this straight up. Japanese professional voice actors demand huge paychecks. This is because they are generally really freaking good at their jobs.

We can't afford the professional voice work, and we don't think enough people could afford to pay for the professional voice work package or would feel the price increase would be worth it. It is a decision based on economic realities, so if you want to talk about how nice it would be if we could do it, or how it's personally worth it to you, great; it's still not happening, I'm afraid. You're welcome to talk about it and dream about a world where we have infinite money to throw at projects to include every little thing; I wish we did, too.

Conversely, we'd really love to do it if it WAS at all reasonable, since as I said Japanese pro actors are paid for (mostly) good reasons. IF it was something we could do, it would be a legitimately good thing to have. So you also don't need to talk about how you're not missing anything, etc., etc., because in general it would be nice to have. I don't view it as critical, since the original version (and thus the game) was not built around it, but that doesn't mean it's pointless.

We'd also love to produce a full dub track using properly-contracted Voice Actor's Guild of America voice actors, who as a general rule of thumb are ALSO really good at their jobs and, by and large, paid very well for good reasons; just because we aren't doing it, doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good thing to do. It just means we can't do it, because we believe the best value proposition* for our customers is that we don't have to sell all our worldly belongings and our freedom to pay voice actor fees, regardless of which language the voice actor is talking in.

That way, we can translate more games.

Now, play nice and don't make me lock this thread or I swear we are turning this car around RIGHT HERE and driving back to Alabama

and then you would be in Alabama, what then, huh

* - Signs You Have Become a Boring Old Man, #77: You start using words like "value proposition."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:58:18 PM by BlondRobin »

TheSwordUser

• The most annoying person in the world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2011, 12:45:39 AM »
TLDR; please be 25$ or less.

Definitely will be this. We're still not sure EXACTLY how expensive it will be but there's no way in hell it'll be $30.

I feel relieved now. Thanks.

QC

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2011, 02:05:41 PM »
Voice Actor's Guild of America
I hope that's not the union I think it is. I've come to hate the voice acting union(s) in this country, because it is just pants-on-head retarded. It's the reason Crispin Freeman never reprises any freaking roles these days. Well, that and he's an asshat. A very talented asshat, but an asshat all the same...

At any rate, my stance has always been that CF shouldn't be shelling out the moneys for things like voice acting of any kind, as it's mathematically implausible to support that kind of business model right now. It'd be nice, but so would teleportation or time travel. It's niceness has no baring on reality. You guys would need brand loyalty. And you've accrued an impressive amount in the short period of time you've been around. But you'd need more. Millions more. And I'm not foolish enough to blind myself to this reality...

That said, I still would like to get a chance to hear it some day. Even if not through CF. And that's all I've been saying. I'm just curious, is all.... and as you said, curiosity is not an illusion.

It's a cat-killer...

Ravenholme

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2011, 02:51:03 PM »
Voice Actor's Guild of America
That said, I still would like to get a chance to hear it some day. Even if not through CF. And that's all I've been saying. I'm just curious, is all.... and as you said, curiosity is not an illusion.

It's a cat-killer...

It's also what keeps us scientists in business. Although, we are pretty much that proverbial cat, given how likely some of the stuff I handle is to kill me some time (especially if I make any mistakes, no matter how small they may appear)

QC

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2011, 12:01:31 AM »
It's also what keeps us scientists in business. Although, we are pretty much that proverbial cat, given how likely some of the stuff I handle is to kill me some time (especially if I make any mistakes, no matter how small they may appear)
Well, what you do is ultimately for the good of mankind. That is, assuming you're actually doing meaningful science.

I'm going to assume you do, since that makes you sound more awesome. Keep up the good work, Mr. Scientist.

Ravenholme

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2011, 08:02:33 AM »
Well, what you do is ultimately for the good of mankind. That is, assuming you're actually doing meaningful science.

I'm going to assume you do, since that makes you sound more awesome. Keep up the good work, Mr. Scientist.

:D

Veleskola

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2011, 03:01:40 PM »
Professional Japanese VA's sound like a waste of effort. Considering unless you know Japanese, you will have no idea what they're saying. Sure, it's nice to have them but on a business standpoint it's not economically worth.

Think of it like this.

Total income - $25 (Random number)

Developers cut - $10

Professional Voice actors - $14

Total revenue - $1

Try buying dinner with that.

QC

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2011, 12:45:02 PM »
Total revenue - $1

Try buying dinner with that.
Did somebody say McDonald's?

But seriously, it wouldn't even really be worth it even if they COULD afford to. Unless they knew it would cause the game to sell more copies. Which is unlikely to be the case in an American market if it's Japanese voice actors-- because the average American doesn't know squat about seiyuu.

blithe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2012, 10:02:35 PM »
Is there anyway you can make a English patch for someone who already has the game?

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2012, 11:58:17 AM »
I'm afraid not; the English version will require a purchase and re-download. The game isn't all that big, though, so hopefully this isn't a big problem.

neonie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2012, 05:44:48 PM »
American doesn't know squat about seiyuu.

I know mad amounts about seiyuu, being a game and anime seasonal anime otaku. I still think it wouldn't be worth it though, since the voices in the demo sounded fine anyway. The quality of Japanese voice acting is always wonderful even in some of the more "novice" people, because seiyuu over there take classes specifically to do it, and the direction is often very good.