Author Topic: Completion Rate and Score  (Read 4854 times)

kurogane

• View Profile
Completion Rate and Score
« on: September 05, 2010, 03:47:42 AM »
So... after replaying the week like 10 times, I've ended up with 16% completion rate for the items and 3.1k score on Day 8 night. Even gotten Charme, but she's harder to use compared to Louie. No one else to unlock right?

How's everyone else doing?

Man the full game can't come fast enough. Thanks for bringing us such an awesome game, Carpe Fulgur!

Kriby

• View Profile
Re: Completion Rate and Score
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 04:28:50 AM »
4.25k~ points, not spending 2 slices on the last day yet because I want to wait for release so I can level merchant up from 10.

9% items

30k (-10k from debt) in cash + 35k~ in items.

Doniazade

• Yes, quite. *puff puff*
    • View Profile
    • My Recettear FAQ
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 11:14:23 PM »
Merch capped at 10.999
Cash capped at 100000(goes over it ingame but demo can only save up to 100k pix)
Louie 20
Charme 18
All customers repped up(heart) at least once
Three orders due for day 9
Decent bunch of goods
Score ~4kish or so
Only 14% completion rate since I didn't bother unlocking all the store items by buying and reloading

I think I broke it:
http://i54.tinypic.com/ajko75.jpg
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 11:16:37 PM by Doniazade »
My FAQ and spreadsheet have been abandoned. Please refer to Blackguard's Recettear page instead.

Kriby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 11:32:06 PM »
Lol awesome pic

Edit: Why if the demo caps pix don't you buy stock so you're under 100k?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 11:39:42 PM by Kriby »

Doniazade

• View Profile
    • My Recettear FAQ
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 02:53:56 AM »
Lol awesome pic

Edit: Why if the demo caps pix don't you buy stock so you're under 100k?
Because that's a slice four screenshot. You can't save after slice four, so that's essentially just a demonstration of what my cash will look like once I play the full game. When I saved in slice three I had 103k pix which was capped down to 100k. However, that screenshot is meant to show what my profit potential is once you take the last slice of day 8 into account.

Basically, that cash is not wasted because it will be earned in the full version and can thus be saved. If that had been a slice three screenshot it would have been wasted though, as you said. I might also replay from day 7 slice 4 once I get the full version since I capped merchant level in day 7 slice 3. I suspect I'll end day 8 with merchant level ~12.5-13 once I do that.

also if you liked that pic you may like some of my other work like http://i56.tinypic.com/5wgo6v.jpg
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 02:55:48 AM by Doniazade »
My FAQ and spreadsheet have been abandoned. Please refer to Blackguard's Recettear page instead.

kurogane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 03:38:31 AM »
That top hat and the monocles are a great touch!

I haven't reached that high in pix, I ended day 8 with 23k. Guess I need to focus on improving that aspect too.

Kokuei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 05:24:30 PM »
Merch capped at 10.999
Cash capped at 100000(goes over it ingame but demo can only save up to 100k pix)
Louie 20
Charme 18
All customers repped up(heart) at least once
Three orders due for day 9
Decent bunch of goods
Score ~4kish or so
Only 14% completion rate since I didn't bother unlocking all the store items by buying and reloading

I think I broke it:
http://i54.tinypic.com/ajko75.jpg

how is that even possible?

Morphological Consistence

• Fairy Lecturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »
Somewhat more moderate result than Doniazade's.

Day 8, slice 3:
Completion rate: 19%
Cash: 52567pix
Score: 3186
Merchant Level: ~10.75
Items/merchandise worth: ~230000pix base price and I still have some fusions to do.
Louie: Level 25, has a Knight Shield. I also have a Breaker Sword, which I will recommend to him as soon as possible.
Charme: Still at level 8, because I suck at playing her. She just bought a +4 Survival Knife though, so I might try her again in the full version.
Shop: Starry Wallpaper, Ruins Floor, Green Carpet

I think I'm off pretty well for now. ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:26:11 PM by Morphological Consistence »
“There is no need to treat me like a flying ball of greed…” — Tear

Doniazade

• View Profile
    • My Recettear FAQ
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 02:15:02 AM »
how is that even possible?
By using every trick in the book. I can now pretty consistently hit 100k on day 8 without reloading. Most of the tricks I used are listed in the FAQ in my signature or will be added soon.

Kriby

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 03:27:37 AM »
Day 8 third slice with 25k cash and 60k~ in items (10.99 merch)

Read through your faq Doniazade, and although this was my first playthrough selling the very odd vase I'm still nowhere near 100k :/

Doniazade

• View Profile
    • My Recettear FAQ
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 06:19:12 AM »
Day 8 third slice with 25k cash and 60k~ in items (10.99 merch)

Read through your faq Doniazade, and although this was my first playthrough selling the very odd vase I'm still nowhere near 100k :/
Did you go for maximum rep all the way through? That makes the whole difference. Lower price for more rep >> higher price to squeeze out 10% more.

While testing we repeated the following:

Day 2: HoT->JW 1-15
Day 3: JW x 2
(saved here for reruns)
Day 4-8: Open store every day and sell every single item at 104% for pin bonuses. Do not visit town, simply open the store every slice for five days.

This consistently puts you at or near 100k pix at the end. Without reloading. That's how important rep is.

You obviously wouldn't do that for a real save because you'd miss out on events and adventurer level and run out of stock but it's a good example to illustrate just how much reputation really matters.

It may also be that you didn't dungeon dive very well or something?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 06:25:07 AM by Doniazade »

tyroney

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 08:34:02 AM »
For me the difference between losing my first 5 tries and later doubling the required amount at the the end of the week was surviving the dungeons.  I don't think I'll ever be doing jade way 1-15 in my first week, (you beast,) but just a couple of hall runs and the first part of jade way (after a failure) were enough to live comfortably. 

Can't wait for the rest of the story...

Darktau

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 10:28:17 AM »
First Playthrough: Passed, barely... 0 Dungeons completed (Hell, I didn't even go to the adventurers guild, this was entirely from buying items myself)

Second Playthrough: Passed, 34k (24k after debt), Hall of trials, Jade Way 1-10 completed. Level 10 Louie :D. Ima ready for the full game now :D

dkellis

• Headsword.
    • View Profile
    • Moe Check
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 10:48:41 AM »
First try, didn't do much dungeoneering, mainly checked the sights of the little scenes in town. Ended up with about 8,000 pix on Day 7, restarted.

Second try, I am on Day 5, with 19k pix, and on at least my 38th try on Jade Way 11-15. (I started counting after basically two afternoons of trying over and over again, so there's at least ten more tries in there.) There's just something, every time, which makes me suddenly spasm out and get Louie KOed on floor 14 or something.

I refuse to leave Jade Way with only one item, even though out of all those tries, I have never, ever encountered an item above 1.5k in value. (A zillion Worn Swords and Rusty Daggers, though... what happened to the Pot Stands and amulets and staves I kept getting from the Hall of Trials?) Every time Louie gets KOed, I sigh and load up the previous save.

That's right, I've... never actually finished the demo. At all.

I swear I will get past Jade Way 11-15 this day, this timeslice, and I absolutely refuse to progress the story until I do. This will be my trial, my albatross... my great white whale...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:58:58 AM by dkellis »

Kriby

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 11:32:13 AM »
Are you feeding Louie food when he gets low?

Try to approach monsters from the side to avoid a lot of damage.

Other than that yeah, Jade Way is pretty brutal compared to HoT.