Author Topic: Chantelise Progress  (Read 8446 times)

AnimeZer0

• View Profile
    • Youtube Profile
    • Email
Chantelise Progress
« on: June 22, 2011, 11:48:42 AM »
Hello there!
My name is Jurrien and im new to the forums.
Im 17 years old and i'm from The Netherlands.
Now back on topic:

I've been lurking around sites, googling stuff to try and find some sort of "Official English" Chantelise/Reccetear Forum and finally found this.
Now my question is, i noticed there haven't been much posting this month and im really curious how Chantelise is doing right now, could i/we have any update on the progress of it?

Long story short: I'd like to know how Chantelise is doing right now, its already almost end june and i haven't heard anything about the release date or anything of it recently.

Thanks in advance.
-AnimeZer0

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
Re: Chantelise Progress
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »
Well, part of the reason there hasn't been much news is because SpaceDrake is lazy hurf. Might there be something to announce either this week or early next week before AnimeExpo in LA? We'll just have to see~

To put at least a little bit out there, though: the actual translation and editing is done and has in fact been done for a while; what's holding things up now are issues unrelated to the game itself.

maverick375

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 06:47:18 PM »
what's holding things up now are issues unrelated to the game itself.

What flavor of Capri Sun you're serving at the first-sales-payment check party is interesting, but the suspense is killing us!  ;D

AnimeZer0

• View Profile
    • Youtube Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11:30:10 PM »
Now i'm really excited :)
Reccetear was so much fun and i'm gonna play it in the meanwhile.

kwakstar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 05:20:03 AM »
So your arrangements to roll in hookers and blow nonstop fell through? Darn.

Johuotar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 10:42:18 AM »
I just thought about asking this but I was ninja'ed!  :P
Its good to hear the game is doing good and theres going to be more info soon.
Deeply ashamed of his horrid English.

Phoenix_Apollo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 11:15:44 PM »
Well, part of the reason there hasn't been much news is because SpaceDrake is lazy hurf. Might there be something to announce either this week or early next week before AnimeExpo in LA? We'll just have to see~

To put at least a little bit out there, though: the actual translation and editing is done and has in fact been done for a while; what's holding things up now are issues unrelated to the game itself.

Well, that's awesome to hear at least. Perhaps we'll hear something alongside what XSeed and Aksys are planning. Either way, I hope you get those issues resolved.

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 02:03:01 AM »
So your arrangements to roll in hookers and blow nonstop fell through? Darn.

Man this is important, how am I supposed to flame out like a rock star otherwise

For serious though, it's really just non-game stuff holding us back, and in fact Significant Progress™ was made on that front today, so most systems are go now. You may want to pay attention~

David J Prokopetz

• Whee~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 01:07:46 PM »
Well, part of the reason there hasn't been much news is because SpaceDrake is lazy hurf.

You guys really need to hire yourself a web PR hack or something.  This "six months between updates" business is just making you look bad - anyone who visits the website and doesn't think to wade through the forums looking for tidbits of information scattered throughout seemingly unrelated threads would have no idea whether the company is even still active.

I mean, do you realise that your website doesn't mention that Chantelise is your next project - or even that there is a next project at all?  I'd tend to think that the existence of upcoming projects would be one of the most basic pieces of information that someone visiting the company home page would be looking for.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:13:23 PM by David J Prokopetz »

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 01:14:19 PM »
Eh, that's just how we roll. :V This operation is fueled on herpaderp and foolishness and I'll be damned if that changes now.

Plus, to be honest, it's been quiet because, well, there hasn't been that much to talk about - beyond "we're working on Chantelise" and "Projects Three and Four exist", that's more or less it. There hasn't bee anything up to this point that has really seemed to warrant a Big Website Update. I mean, if we did waste money on some web PR idiot, all we would have done would be six months of contentless web posts, which I can do easily enough for free right here. :P

That's not to say we're abandoning the website entirely - when we have something significant to post, we'll definitely update it.

David J Prokopetz

• Whee~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 01:18:37 PM »
Plus, to be honest, it's been quiet because, well, there hasn't been that much to talk about - beyond "we're working on Chantelise" and "Projects Three and Four exist", that's more or less it.

That's actually pretty important information to have on your website.  The fact that there's a follow-up project at all is what's going to separate you from the usual crowd of one-release wonders - and there's not a sniff of information about that anywhere other than these forums.  You could have closed up shop immediately following Recettear's release for all anybody looking at the website would be able to tell.

Toasty

• THE POWER OF MAGNETISM
    • View Profile
    • The Hootboth - A Whimsical Blogventure
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 10:15:41 PM »
David has a point there. Speaking as a Recettear fan, I recently wondered what you had been up to and the most recent thing I could find was the post mortem you did with RPS back in January. When I checked your site and there was no mention of Chantelise, I started to get really worried that maybe you guys went under. Fortunately, I thought to check the forums and saw this thread.

Seriously, it's not about the content of the update, literally a single line on the front page reading, "6/24: We're working on Chantelise, coming out probably sometime in 2011, stay tuned" would assuage the fears of any returning customers who wanted to check up on how CF was doing. All I'm saying is, it's a very small time investment to let people know that you're all still alive, and that would potentially deliver big returns by keep more people checking back in anticipation of the release of Chantelise.

That being said, I'm personally really pumped that you're not dead, and I look forward to the next heaping helping of Woolseyisms!

kwakstar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 02:43:50 AM »
There's not a sniff of information about that anywhere other than these forums.
Now now, I've seen him post about it on other forums as well! ;D

TheSwordUser

• The most annoying person in the world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 03:27:41 AM »
Agreed with David.
Also.
SpaceDrake, you seem to be reliant on Steam too much, hoping that you'll save bunch of money and effort because Chantelise will probably be featured on client's homepage and everyone will notice.
This may, or may not work.
Remember that Chantelise isn't as innovative as Recettear. In fact, this game came before Recetter, therefore, due to errors (not bugs per se, just something that makes a game addicting and awesome) and other stuff that EGS did fix in Recettear but were broken in previous title, isn't as awesome. It needs to be advertised more. I think that you know about this.

If the game is basically done, where are the teaser trailers? No character showcase (I know theres just one, but you could just show what it can do)? How about magic system teaser? Or any other features? Seriously, you apparently have your game done and only need to get rid of non-game problems, which I understand, but you've been "so damn close" for the last month and yet you don't even acknowledge your progress widely. All we know is, as you say "Yeah we're translating Chantelise" and "We have 2 other projects". I absolutely refuse to believe that there's absolutely nothing to show pre-release to public. The game can't be that simple. Couldn't you just translate that old official trailer at the very least? Or even just publish some translated screenshots?

Sorry for acting like an ass, but since I've started to follow your twitter, I have a feeling that you'd rather chat with xSeed representative about how mondays suck rather than do something productive. Lazy-ness isn't going to earn you money, you might've gotten lucky with Recettear, but there's no sign it's going to happen again I'm afraid.
And yes, imo, the only progress that counts is the one that actually is acknowledged, not the one that's going behind the scenes.

Sorry, I just had to get it out of my chest. I don't usually do it, but I'm worried that Chantelise might end up being a swan song an utter failure (well, maybe not THAT bad, but still...).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 03:41:17 AM by TheSwordUser »

DarkAgent

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 06:13:39 AM »
Agreed with the above concerns.

I remember when you would occassionally inform Siliconera about Recettear's progress. Not only its progress, you gave us information about the story, the gameplay, even showed a demo. If you hope for Chantelise's existence to be known, let alone do well, you should do that again with this game.