Author Topic: Fortune Summoners Deluxe  (Read 31782 times)

TheSwordUser

• The most annoying person in the world.
    • View Profile
Re: Fortune Summoners Deluxe
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 03:32:10 AM »
Sry for double post but I happened to find this recently
http://botchweed.com/game-news/carpe-fulgur-wants-to-localize-fortune-summoners

Maybe it's a good time to give Siliconera or someone else a call about overall story too. Just to generate buzz about this so maybe Lizsoft eventually will notice.

Although this might be a double-edged sword, as in, after many people will get hyped, nothing will come out of it because Lizsoft won't co-operate....but I hope they will.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 03:36:08 AM by TheSwordUser »

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 03:39:53 PM »
Well, this one puts us in kind of a weird place. It would be a little nice to get a touch of buzz going, although it's really rather early (remember, we don't even have a deal or an estimated release date yet) and there's a definite non-zero chance that we won't be able to bring it over, so it'd be pretty awful to get folks hyped up for a game only to have to say "welp, didn't work out at all, sorry".

It's unlikely Lizsoft would notice any English-language buzz, sadly; the Japanese and English internets are relatively separate spheres.

dkellis

• Headsword.
    • View Profile
    • Moe Check
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 03:46:18 AM »
A possible, if remote benefit I could see is if someone with a more current contact information for Lizsoft happens to see a news article which states very clearly that CF is having trouble contacting Lizsoft.

Then again, I suspect the news posts will be emphasizing "Fortune Summoners is being translated by CF!" instead of the addendum "if CF can even find the creators in the first place to negotiate a deal."

(Presumably EGS also has No Idea? I'm imagining BlondRobin specifically going to C80 just to hunt down anyone associated with Lizsoft.)

(Also, wouldn't this be an interesting Drakblog post?)

QC

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 09:27:25 AM »
(Also, wouldn't this be an interesting Drakblog post?)
Answer = yes

At the very least, it would allow further elaboration on the matter that blogs would then (hopefully) report on as well-- making it clearer that CF wants this.

And the more I hear about it, the more I do as well...

Azure Dragon God

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2011, 08:38:25 PM »
Hmmm....

I wonder if I could try to do something on nico.

I likely couldn't, but anything to draw them out would be nice.

Hmmm...

If someone could generate SOME buzz where they can see it, it would be ideal.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 08:41:13 PM by Azure Dragon God »

joshrl

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 04:21:35 PM »
I remember when I tried to create buzz for Recettear, I'm pretty sure it didn't work. :P

Although some buzz would be nice, maybe we should create buzz on the Japanese internets?
TG: and a ruined cake! it was going 2 be so delish, but no
TG: it was claimed by the cruel and unforgiving sands of lopan

Azure Dragon God

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2011, 05:19:11 AM »
I remember when I tried to create buzz for Recettear, I'm pretty sure it didn't work. :P

Although some buzz would be nice, maybe we should create buzz on the Japanese internets?
Sounds good to me.

I was thinking of doing something on NND myself, but it's flooded with videos in general -_-

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2011, 08:01:51 AM »
So as an update, Jungle Japan, the company that helped Lizsoft produce the boxed Deluxe edition of the game, claim they have no idea how to get in touch with Lizsoft. That's encouraging! oh god

DDRJake

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2011, 08:27:29 AM »
Time to fly out and loiter around Japanese bars or whathave you shouting for Lizsoft.  If that doesn't get their attention, the following police investigation might.
It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

TheSwordUser

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2011, 10:42:01 AM »
I think its about time to let the world know that you're desperately trying to contact with Lizsoft, hoping that no one will understand it as "omg, Carpe Fulgur is localizing Fortune Summoners!".
I know that this doesn't sound professional, but someone, somewhere out there, might know how to contact with Lizsoft.

As much as sarcastic above post is, police investigation might actually work...then again, MEL would probably be pissed off beyond belief, all that hassle just to have a talk with some gaijin. That would give CF a bad image.

As a sidenote, I'm starting to doubt that this guy is still alive at this point. I hope he is fine.

joshrl

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2011, 11:23:18 AM »
 :o

You're not having a lucky break on this are you?...

I can't create buzz or anythings, but I'll try do something! :I
TG: and a ruined cake! it was going 2 be so delish, but no
TG: it was claimed by the cruel and unforgiving sands of lopan

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 09:53:42 AM »
So just as an update: we actually finally did get in touch with Lizsoft, and I'm afraid we won't be bringing the game over after all for multiple reasons. There were a couple of fairly major differences in philosophy (including stance on DRM) that simply couldn't be surmounted. Sorry, guys, we tried. :(

TheSwordUser

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 10:37:43 AM »
So just as an update: we actually finally did get in touch with Lizsoft, and I'm afraid we won't be bringing the game over after all for multiple reasons. There were a couple of fairly major differences in philosophy (including stance on DRM) that simply couldn't be surmounted. Sorry, guys, we tried. :(

God. Damnit.
Such a waste. It would most likely succeed outside of Japan.
But yeah, IIRC, FS is using Ubisoft-esque DRM (you need to be connected to the internet to launch the game), that wouldn't work for you guys.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:40:26 AM by TheSwordUser »

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 11:28:18 AM »
God. Damnit.
Such a waste. It would most likely succeed outside of Japan.

It is, and I'm somewhat upset about it; I really did want to bring the game over. But...

But yeah, IIRC, FS is using Ubisoft-esque DRM (you need to be connected to the internet to launch the game), that wouldn't work for you guys.

Pretty much this. The DRM wasn't workable for several reasons, and Lizsoft doesn't seem too willing to budge on either its inclusion or the inclusion of another system. Things could proceed forward if Lizsoft is willing to budge on this issue (there's a few other things, but they're far less insurmountable and probably require some give on our part) but I don't think that's very likely.

DDRJake

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2011, 12:27:45 PM »
How playable is it for those of us that don't understand moonspeak and where can I get it?
It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.