Author Topic: (Recettear) Forward Movement  (Read 3444 times)

SpaceDrake

• Administrator
  • Capitalism Ho!
    • View Profile
    • Carpe Fulgur LLC
    • Email
(Recettear) Forward Movement
« on: August 31, 2010, 11:26:17 AM »
Forward Movement - August 31, 2010

Well, from the outside I imagine it looks like it's been a quiet couple of weeks. We've been slowly but surely getting the game ready to ship, and now we're essentially done. And not only that, but we have a little more news.

I think this piece of music should match the situation quite well. Because lord knows it feels like it's been a journey.

Quite simply, we're pleased to announce two more distributors for Recettear.

Yep, that's right. Steam has decided to carry Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale. You'll be able to get the demo via Steam very soon, and they'll carry the game on September 10th. We're basically pleased as punch at this development since it means Recettear will be reaching millions more people than it was originally. We might actually not be stricken with poverty at this rate!

GamersGate has also been excellent enough to agree to carry the game - they'll be alongside everyone else on September 10th. Those of you who want to make sure you get a perfectly DRM-free copy of Recettear, here's your chance!

Along with this, the game is basically ready. We'll be going to release in two weeks, and god as my witness, the game's ready for primetime. We've sweated for months to make this happen, and now it will. And we've got all the heavyweights of digital distribution in our corner now.

We've also made a few updates to the FAQ, to reflect the situation and a few other things.

After so long, this is going to happen. Now it comes down to you guys.

With that, I'll close with the following words:

Gold.

September 10th.

We're making this happen.