Fortune summoners is a fun interesting game, but it has many flaws...flaws that make the game annoying.
I like many things about the game but it has many "problems" too.
So far i have reached the wind temple part.
- Characters AI is not smart: This is specially annoying with sana, that only uses shield and runs around the map instead of use her ice magic.
- Low "control response": While enemies have fast attacks, play with keyboard make character movements to "ignore commands" so i ahve to press rigth 2-3 times before archer stops attacking and turns to the rigth.
- Enemy AI is smart....VERY smart: Those green lizard mages are a great example, they can use the same ice spells that sana, but unlike sana, they use them efficiently. They heal their allies and constantly use their ice skills. Can't the player characters have this smart AI?
- Lack of useful items in shops: no resurrect item available in store in the first days, im guessing the player has to go get the item and put give them to the store, so the store will have it available.
- Can't escape dungeons unless spend 10% of money: The wind temple entrace is flooded with water so if you enter with sana and then, while exploring the dungeons, sana is defeated by enemies (something very common for a character with low HP) then you are trapped. You can't go forward because sana ability is needed and you can't go back because...sana ability is needed to escape. Which means that need to spend 10% of money for escape.
- Expensive items: basically any armor that may make exploring a little easier cost 500 coins+.
Im not going to say "this game has only flaws" because that would be a lie. I will mention some of the many good things this game has too.
- The game is fun.
- The plot is very anime-style. While playing its easy to think "i know what to do because this is what happens in animes".
- The translations are very good.
- Hilarious/adorable main character conversations.
If the game follows "anime-style plots" i hope it doesn't end with arche getting her elemental stone. Because that would be annoying: "spend all the game looking for the elemental stone so archer can use magic and the game ends just when you get it, meaning that archer won't use magic."